Sunday, July 29, 2007

Knitting and spinning, ill & well



A traveling face cloth!

I have been very ill with a stupid virus, now my hubby has it, yech! All I want to do is knit, I am working on a summer shawlette and a candle flame shawl for Laura. Now I am trying to figure out why all the knitting I am doing is for her, and she has yet to gift me with socks! Oh that's right, she did give me ONE fingerless glove that she made too big for herself and the yarn to make the other one! Isn't that a sweet daughter??


Another of my traveling clothes! I have to have something to do, on the left is the first clue to the MS3 I am using Zephyr Steel and e beads, I think I already posted that!
I am going through some changes in my life, I have found myself betrayed and lied to by my "best" friend, and what is keeping me sane at the moment is my knitting, my spinning, and my daughter's dye skills! Ihave sent all my naked yarn, mohair and wool to her to dye for me, and then I will spin it and we will have lace weight for the Icelandic Shawl. Seems silly to order yarn when I have a freezer full of fiber as well as 350# peanut bags full of wool, white and black. As well as 5 spinning wheels!
Here is the thing about spinning, it allows you to think. I do not want to think about what I have lost, so I knit lace, it requires concentration and attention to detail. If you look back in my blog you will see pictures of my horses, which were gifts from my friend, which I no longer have, as well as the horses. I do not know if they are still there or not, and am afriad to look after I was informed one had been traded for farrier services! I am having problems getting my mind around the fact that a friend of over 30 years would lie to me, and take away something that precious to me.
Therefore, I knit and am going to look for a part time counseling position as soon as we return from Florida. We need to go and tomorrow is our 30th wedding anniversary, but Kevin is very ill with the virus I had last week, so we are going to just hang here. Hopefully,he will be able to eat by Thursday, I want to go to The Home Place on the top of Catawba Mountain which is my favorite place to eat! All home cooked food served at an old table in the family dining room(s) and you choose your meats, everything else comes with it! And I mean everything! Even cobbler with ice cream! It is so beautiful, in an old farm home on a large acreage, with a pond and cows all around.
I am off to work on the Candleflame Shawl ,got a long ways to go!!