Friday, December 28, 2007

Merry Christmas to all!!


I am so happy!!!!!!!!

I am in Pensacola, Fl with my son, Josh, who will be 26 on Dec 29! I am so thrilled to be in 75 degrees and see my "baby"--he just hates that! We have been having wonderful discussions, debates, and enjoying the stimulation of being able to try to outdo each other intellectually. He is always a good challenge for me and keeps me from getting Alzheimer's!! I do so adore this young man and am so proud of him. Today we are under tornado warnings, the rain has been amazing, especially since I was in the camper, I took Sweet Pea and Dolly and went inside, Josh gave me three remotes to operate the huge TV.
It is in the 70's and so lovely when the sun is out. It feels reviving and refreshing just to be in the Florida air. Maybe that is why I have felt so depressed lately. I needed the wide open spaces of the Gulf of Mexico. Now I am feeling the need to purchase a condo on the intracoastal side for when we come down, renting it out the rest of the time. I did have this fleeting picture of the wind blowing the camper away so we could get a smaller one that is lighter with a toy hauler!! I had that 'this isn't Kansas anymore, Toto' image!
I am knitting up a storm of my own, trying to complete: Icelandic shawl, felted kitchen mitt, oven glove, and pot holders and tudora for Tana when I get to Georgia. I also have with me the monkies, the diabetic sock, the marvelous mitts, and a bag of shoulder shrugs that are half finished. And Janet Evanovich's High Five!
I picked up the new Quilting Arts Gift Magazine
and it is wonderful! Some of the neatest fabric wrapping, mixed media samplers, and a totally awesome needle felted and stitched purse 'English country garden'. I love book making and it has an article on journals! Fabric winterish prints for covers, pretty cool, I have some new ideas!!
The new Threads has some wonders of its own. Mini purses, darted skirts, dazzling chiffon, and specialty feet for every sewing job! Pretty cool, I got some new ideas from there also. There is an extra section on embroidery attached which covers embroidering on everything and anything. As you can tell, I am into multimedia projects, and between these two and 'Cloth, Paper, Scissors' I am on fire with ideas and projects in my head!! It just means I can't sleep with all these visions running around in what brain I have left, they are vivid and awesome and will not leave me alone!!
I am so excited about creating in the New Year, you will see some new directions in my Etsy store!
See ya on New Years for my next post! Keep on knittin' and browse no more than 6 hours a day on ravelry!!