Thursday, June 26, 2008

Who knows what is next?

This is Mr. Bean our new Chihuahua, a rescue by Laura!!! Go Laura!!!
Well, here we go again, Laura has lost her job and does not really want one, but her savings will not last! As a Mom I am worried, altho I certainly understand where she is coming from. We get Josh to working finally, and then this! That is all I will say about that!




I have been interviewing, miracle of miracles! I actually have gotten two interviews, one for guidance counselor at GW in Danville, and one at the Roanoke City Library as Teen Librarian, I can't think of anything worse except reference librarian! It would be a starting place for me tho! I do like teens, I just say I do not, I feel somedays like I am still one of them!




Now, I have to work on a project for the interview and learn power point. I am excited and happy to go and meet these ladies, make a project with them whether I get the job or not, I really do not care, I got an interview!! Here is what Laura and I were thinking, we could set up her living room to do classes in, and to sell yarn. Then she can go talk to the girl down below and get her to let us use her parking spaces, and set up classes through park service, they will do her advertising. Then she can begin to teach classes and get some of her yarns out there. If she plays her cards right, she could get her business going and get a part time management position at one of the pet stores, and have some fun for a change. I am willing to help as long as I am not working, or if I get the job in Danville, or that area!





In the meantime, I am opening a new Etsy shop, Page's Pendants and Jewels. It will take all the 'other' stuff out of Dreamspinners and leave it just to yarn and fiber, knitting and spinning tools, etc. Fiber and yarn related things like the Nostepindes will stay there. Then we will have Boogie's Bags, Dreamspinner's and Page's Pendants and Jewels. I plan to stock that shop with items to make jewelry once I get the funds to finance it. (Translation: get a job) Time for coffee ladies, brb!




I am looking forward to spinning classes. I hope that Laura will take over the spindle classes so that I can do the wheel spinning! I have my tencel/wool with me to spin, then realized, all my wheels but the Ashford Country are at her place!! I have a huge box of black and the whole container of confetti as well as the brown and the tan balls of Juli's I really need to spin!! I may have to go get a wheel.