Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Back to the Blue Ridge Mountains!

We are back to our beloved Blue Ridge Mountains from Florida and Georgia!
We got home yesterday after taking the long way around Robin Hood's barn! First we went to Sallygayle's and left Sweet Pea, spent the night, went on to ScrapGirl's in Georgia, and stayed a couple of nights with the girls and He who works all the time! Then went on to our destination!! How exciting, Florida's Gulf Coast, White Sands, Clear Crystal Water, and a 328 square foot travel trailer for the two of us and Dolly and Zorro!! For a previously undetermined amount of time! This is fun, but where is the Baseball Boy? Has he gotten a job? Has he mowed the grass? Has he kept up the house? Why is it so quiet around here, when we lived here there was always bothersome noise? Did everyone on the cul-de-sac die off?
Nope! I hear trucks, it is the 3 Musketeers, now all grown up with 4 trucks between them, all still living at home and one of the trucks is a huge panel truck which goes out at night and returns -BEFORE I AWAKEN- No, that is as I awaken----from the racket outside my window and both my animals barking at him!!

I have come to the conclusion that it matters not where you are in this life, you are either happy or you are not. and it is up to you. I am happy when:
I have my little Dolly with me.
I have my Zorro bird who everyone says is just plain nasty!
I have my sweet Grizzly husband, who some also say is nasty!
Enough money in the bank to buy food.
Trees are outside the window where I am.
My fiber creeps after me everywhere I go.
There is a spinning wheel within reach.
There is dye and naked yarn within reach.
My knitting needles are within reach, and my magazines are lined up like little soldiers following me around.
My teeth are out of my mouth but within the area where I can get them in case of emergency.
my feet are bare and comfy--being diabetic-I catch a lot of grief about this lately.
There is water somewhere within 3 hours that I can stick my feet in, and it smells like saltwater, brackish water, or just plain ole swamp mud.
A cabin in the woods by the river is definately in my future.
Smile and throw kisses, that is all I need!!
Go look in my shop at:
and tell me what is missing!
Off I go again, to learn to use my CSM, then I am heading down to Laura's for a few days, we have yarn to dye and pictures to take to get up into the shop. I am looking forward to tomorrow when I will finally make socks on my CSM.

Love you all!! op