Tuesday, March 11, 2008

March, March, the Ides of March

I have one loom and easel left for sale, it is a 5 and half foot loom on the new 4 legged easel, and it is made of Red Oak (I think) and I would like $200.00 for it, including shipping---that means FREE SHIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!


I am in Danville with Lovely Laura, and having such a great time, setting up a new ETSY store for her called Boogie's Bags! We have been knitting everyday and had a great KTog at Starbucks last night. Laura has developed some really nice friends and contacts in the knitting, dyeing and rug hooking world! She has decided that she wants to buy her yarn to dye from another company, so she is getting that set up. This has been a really tough winter and we are all still suffering the loss of Dad, all I can think of is him singing at the top of voice, drinking that coffee, and eating anything he wants in no pain at all, Sylvia says everyone in heaven is 35. At 35, Dad was killer the body builder, swimmer and all around athlete bench pressing 300 lbs. I see him like that now and I cannot cry for him, I almost envy him!

I am worried about Mom, she is not accepting his loss at all. Kevin and I have to go to Florida as I have Dr. appointments on the 28th of this month. There is so much to do to get everything switched over into Mom's name, and to get all the paperwork filed with all the different agencies. Kevin called today and asked me to come home, I will go on Thursday to help them. I am sewing tomorrow and getting as many bags done as I can to open Laura's store, then I will take the embroidery machine home with me to use there and if I must, I will just mail her the bags or do her shipping for her. I think she mentioned that as one of my 'duties' anyway. She is the cutter, fabric picker, and embellishment queen, I just sew and ship what I am handed! I have finally finished her jacket and just need to put it together! I have a skein left and have already made her a matching hat, so I think we will go with fingerless gloves which happens to be her specialty, not mine, he he!

I am looking forward to hugging my baby boy and seeing him, helping him get a job, getting his resume in order, getting the patio fixed! The wind blew the cover off the patio last week in the big storm they had! Maybe we will get something out of the new insurance we are paying a fortune for after all!! We could have added a 25'X50' sunroom for what we pay them a year! of course, the hot tub is exposed now, so Josh is very worried. He is afraid of slimey, crawly things getting into the attic, the fascia board even came off!

I have no good pictures for this entry, I am sad, happy, worried, up a stump, and concerned for both of my kids! They never seem to out grow Mom's worry! Some things are better not written or spoken aloud, but we pray diligently for Laura and her work situation. We also pray never ceasingly for Josh to find the 'right' job for him so that he can be settled, he is so restless, no girlfriend, no real job although he has three, his business, the civic center catering and his art he is doing for me for his and Em's little Etsy shop I am starting. Going to use their line drawings and transfer onto wood and clay for pendants. Actually, they are great kids and I am very proud of them, both of them in business for themselves and working for someone else also, both college graduates, both own homes, and one together that they inherited, how did they suddenly become so large and capable?? Laura will be 30 this year, hard to believe, impossible to believe and no boyfriend, no husband. Lord, we need a sweet, competent man, I know that is an oxymoron, but just need one!

Happy St. Pat's, Y'all!! We will be on our way to Florida, yee haw!! Oh my goodness, we have worn little Dolly plum out!!!